My experience so far with mechanical keyboards was limited to a few cheap MX Brown models, CM MasterKeys Pro S (MX Brown), and CTRL keyboard with Speed Silvers. I was impressed with quality jump in build, keycaps, switches and the feel when I moved to CTRL, but needed another keyboard for the office and, after much deliberation, went for VA69M with Speed Silvers. I was on the fence because of the keyboard being relatively expensive, not having a lot of the features CTRL has and hearing Cherry SL are worse than Kaihua. Was I wrong - this is, by far, the best typing experience I had so far and I'm extremely happy with my purchase.
- build quality is extremely good, keyboard being heavy, body machined well and materials overall excellent
- keycaps are the same - very nice to touch and thick enough
- switches are amazing - just enough force required for my taste, no wobble, great sound - I did add 1.5mm o-rings which made it even better (IMO), but I couldn't be happier with the end result
- backlight is nice, discrete white, bright enough, and levels are nicely spread out
- a few of the keycaps seem just slightly rotated - I don't notice it when typing or anything, but it does affect the visual balance a tiny bit when looking at the keyboard
- no volume up down control from the keyboard
- if keycaps were shine-through, the experience would be a little better, but it's not bad like this either
Overall, HIGHLY recommended, if I didn't pay so much for CTRL, I'd probably want another one of these to have at home!