As others have said, this is a great and versatile KB which can be used for Mac or PC.
I feel this KB will last longer than I will ;)
- Great tactile Cherry MX Brown switches remind me of my long gone Apple Extended KB II
- Long life with replaceable industry standard switches
- Not too noisy for a shared office, but just 'clacky' enough
- Controllable white backlighting, but the keys are not translucent
- Switchable from Mac to PC layout, very useful for me
- Windows legends marked in grey on the front face of modifier keys
- Gold-plated removable and replaceable USB cable
- Faultless, friendly, patient pre and post-sales support from TheKeyboardCompany
- Solid weighty KB with adjustable rubber feet.
- Some USB hubs or extender cards will not recognise this KB. Better plug it into the main chassis USB.
- The supplied USB cable was too short for my layout, I had to buy a longer one.
- No built-in USB hub which would have been useful for wireless dongles etc
- Instructions a little vague, particularly for Mac users
- Not a true white colour, more a very pale cream
- This is a biggie, some startup key combinations are not recognised, such as ALT+CMD+P+R and CMD+R
these are essential for troubleshooting and recovery. You will have to keep an original Apple wired KB around just in case you need these.
Holding ALT to access the early startup screen is recognised.